Friday, August 12, 2011

Seared Garlic Pork Chop with Gnocchi

Okay by now I think the whole world knows I'm crazy for food, I can literally go gaga when I see food how contradicting as a model.

However much I love eating out & hunting for new places, I do find it homey to cook in once a while when my food drive is up!Recently I downloaded a food application on my Iphone by Nigella Lawson who is a beautiful yet sophisticated chef that adds a sensual touch the show.

Absolutely love her style, I whipped up some quick hearty lunch following her recipe with these simple steps:

Ingredients needed:
  1. 2 pork chops
  2. 2tsps Garlic oil or just simply chop 2 cloves of garlic & infuse it into hot oil
  3. 1/2 cup apple cider
  4. 1 tbsp grainy mustard
  5. 1/3 cups heavy cream
  6. Gnocchi
Take the pork chop (room temperature) & briefly bash the meat with a rolling pin to make them thinner for faster cooking. Then heat olive oil or any normal oil in a pan with the garlic. Cook til garlic edges turns brown then only put the chops in and cook for 5 minutes each sides. Remove them to a plate.

For the Sauce it takes few simple fast and easy steps to create a wondrous milky sauce

In the same pan with the oil, pour the cider & allow it to bubble for a minute or more


Then add the mustard and stir in the cream. stir till liquid turns to sauce then you'll know its ready. Pour sauce over chops & leave some for the Gnocchi

I couldn't find the Gnocchi in my local supermarket so I replaced it with tortillatas or you could use baby potatoes and steam it as your side dish, get creative with your imagination =)

Use the leftover sauce to drench and coat the side dishes & you're done! a 15 minute hearty meal




No comments: